Wednesday, November 6, 2013

IT'S HAMMER-TIME ON TWITTER FOR DIVORCING PARENTS: KIDS TWEET AND IT AINT SWEET!

"Back in the day" when kids were going through their parents divorce, their options for expressing opinions was relegated to telling their friends, writing in their diaries, or maybe, if they had one, telling their therapist.  Today, kids have so many options and believe me, they're talking! They're talking about YOU and their talking about how YOU are acting in this divorce.  They are watching everything you do, and everything you say.  And from what I've read, they're really fed up and disgusted.

There's a great lesson to be learned from these kids, and I think we can all learn a thing or two.  No, they don't have all the facts; no, they don't know how it feels for you (nor do they care- remember we are talking about kids!); but yes, they do make some great observations, and yes, their thoughts are worth considering the next time you say or do something in this divorce. 

Here are some actual un-edited "tweets" coming right from kids:

The worst part about having divorced parents is feeling like an object to be fought over. #leavemeoutofit#please

If you don't have divorced parents you do not have the right to complain about anything ever. Nothing worse than catty adults.

Having divorced parents is probably one of the most stressful things

One of the worst things about divorced parents is when one makes a negative comment about the other and you have to defend them

Every day is a struggle with divorced parents I swear

I can't stand having divorced parents! I don't want to hear your problems with one another. It's us kids who are stuck in the middle of it.

I have divorced parents so I'm used to people I depend on bickering and ignoring my needs.

Only people with divorced parents know how difficult and confusing holidays can be.

I could go on, and on, but I think this is plenty.  Is this you? Could this be your kid? Is this how you want to be seen? Didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment